Often, the hub of the entire home is the kitchen. It is a place where the whole family gathers to cook, eat, talk, laugh, do the dishes etc. However, when space is a constraint, kitchen planning requires strategic moves, and professional help to get the most out of your space. It’s not that easy to create a multifunctional and aesthetically appealing kitchen when you are on a space budget. But, you have no reason to worry, as we have brought to you some of the most bookmark-worthy ideas to make your kitchen a beautiful as well as a functional one, irrespective of the dimensions.
So, even though most of us would jump at the idea of having a large, spacious kitchen at our homes, not all of us get the opportunity to have our way. So, rather than breaking your bank, trying to get a home extension, we recommend you to make use of creative renovation ideas which shall help you make the most of your kitchen space to meet the needs of the family. So, start taking notes and hire yourself a great kitchen and bathroom renovations service. Sydney based Pinnacle Constructions & Design is one of the best renovation professionals to go for. They make sure to satisfy each of their customers during each remodelling project by delivering stunning results at the best prices.
Tips to make your small kitchen look not so small
Smaller kitchens, though on the smaller side, can pack the same punch that larger kitchens have. Even the most skilled renovation builders in Sydney have trouble with styling small kitchens and deciding how to create storage. After all, one needs a functional kitchen! However, with the proper amount of planning, efficient use of every centimetre of the kitchen, and the following ideas, small kitchens can be made as fun to cook in, as the large ones. So, let’s get started:
- Cutting corners: One of the best things about a small kitchen is that you can cut corners, quite literally. There are multiple ways in which you can use your cabinets to expand storage. You should make use of the edges and corners too. Corner cabinets could be used in a better way by turning it into v-shaped drawers.
- Kitchen islands: A small kitchen is the best place to utilise a kitchen island in. A kitchen island not only helps to add storage, but you could also use it as a space where you could entertain guests or use it for preparation purposes. Kitchen islands are undoubtedly one of the best highlight features of any kitchen space.
- Creative storage: When it comes to small kitchens, you have to get really creative with your storage ideas. A gap in the cabinet could be turned into a pull-out larder or a space where you could add a rubbish bin. You could also incorporate concealed storage options like backsplash storage.
- Kitchen shape: Well, yes, shapes do matter. Shaping your kitchen in the form of a ‘U’ or an ‘L’ will definitely help you make the most efficient use of your cabinet and storage space.
- Space saving appliances: Appliances which are more on the space saving side can help your kitchen look more put together. You could add fridges, dishwashers, microwaves and ovens inside your kitchen cupboards, and witness how it takes up much less space and makes it look all organized.
- Open shelving: Yes, it’s the perfect time to get rid of all those bulky, wall cupboards and move onto open wall shelving. This will make your kitchen look spacious, airy and inviting. Also, transparent or coloured glass shelving will help to add a lot more light (and also a sense of lightness) to the room.
So, these were some of the most fun and effective ideas which would transform your small kitchen into a space of form and functionality. With such a solid plan of action, there’s no way your kitchen can’t go big on beauty and functionality.